Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ancestry.com - referencing Sheffield Indexers records?

Hello,

I’ve just found this website and wow, what a treasure trove! I’ve found several records already that relate to my ancestors.

I’m compiling my family tree on Ancestry.com. I wanted to add the info I found here to my ancestor’s records. I was going to do it with a screen shot and mark it up to credit the source, e.g. http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/.

However, I have just looked at the copyright on this website and I don’t think this is allowed?

My next thought was to instead record a “Life Event” in Ancestry, note the significance of the record and then add the URL for the record on Sheffield Indexers. However, the records in Sheffield Indexers don’t have an individual URL or any unique reference number that I can see?

I’m compiling my family tree for mine and my family’s own interest, not commercial reasons. However, I do have access to my family tree set to public in Ancestry. This means others can see it, therefore any info I put in the tree is not necessarily just for my private use.

Does anyone else use Ancestry.com - is there a correct way to reference the info found here that doesn’t breach the copyright?

Hope

Re: Ancestry.com - referencing Sheffield Indexers records?

Morning Hope,

Glad you are enjoying the site. It's a labour of love for many of us.

The Copyright issue I have to think about and along with Denise our Webmaster we will get back to you ASAP.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype