Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
burial confirmation

i am looking to confirm the burials and lair numbers for my grandfather and grandmother in Burncross cemetery.
James Arthur Wright. born 1892, died 1956. address 176 Wortley Road, High Green
Annie Wright (nee Johnson) born 1894, died around 1986, !6 South Road, High Green
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
John Munro Wright

Re: burial confirmation

Hi John,

If you look over to the left you will see an index and the sixth one down is Burial Records.

Follow it through and you will find James Arthur and Annie's burials are there.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

hi Elaine, thanks for getting back to me so quickly and from so far away too. I cannot get it to work, when I click on the burncross cemetery nothing works so cannot access

I have just tried with no problems. Just put james arthur wright in the search.

Still nothing,burncross cemetery memorials, no matches found. Cannot understand why nothing showing

John, just put James Arthur in forename and Wright in Surname. Leave every other search box blank
Dave

Hi John

I was having trouble with the burial index on my phone on Wednesday although I was in Burngreave Cemetery and the signal wasn't great!

These have come up for me, looks like Annie's details are slightly different to what you had. I just put Burncross and Wright, Annie is near the top.

WRIGHT, Annie (Retired, age 93).
Died at Mortomley House Mortomley Lane High Green; Buried on July 3, 1987 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 23 Row V3, Section M3-Y3 of Burncross Cemetery, Sheffield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: ~. Remarks: ~.
Plot Owner: ~ ~ of ~. Page No ~
Find Similar in Same Grave Same Household if Available Surname Match if Available

WRIGHT, James Arthur (~, age 64).
Died at 170 Wortley Road High Green; Buried on March 7, 1956 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 23 Row V3, Section M3-Y3 of Burncross Cemetery, Sheffield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: ~. Remarks: ~.
Plot Owner: ~ ~ of ~. Page No ~
Find Similar in Same Grave Same Household if Available Surname Match if Available

Hope this is helpful
Julia