Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Section AA

I have found a distant relatives grave details but the section is AA City Road cemetery grave number 13321 but the last numbered grave in section AA is 12310. can anyone help?

Re: Section AA

Hi Mark,

If you could give us a date and name we can check it out for you.

Regards.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thankyou.
Robert Hunter buried on August 26th 1893 page number 766
Table blade forger age 49 died at hospital West Street

Hello Mark

I have checked the image and the transcription of the entry is correct, that being said, the plot number entered, as you say, does not exist.

The entry on the line above was a burial at plot 13311 in section BB and checking other burials I would say that if the burial WAS in a plot 13321 then that burial would have been in section BB.

Bereavement services should be able to confirm this as they have a separate "grave" book to the "burial" book that we transcribed and that book lists the burials in each plot by plot number.

There is no headstone at section BB plot 13321

Hope this helps Tony

Many thanks everyone for your help. I believe it must be in section BB as you say. Once again many thanks for your help

It looks like the grave his widow is in in Section BB Grave 13321
Hunter, Rhoda Ann (widow, age 62).
Died at Fir Vale U Hospital; Buried on January 20, 1906 in General Portion ground;
Grave Number 13321, Section BB of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: ~. Remarks:
Dave

Many many thanks to you all for all your help. I have visited the grave and placed a small wooden cross.