Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marriage

Looking for the marriage date in 1859 believed to be at St, George, Brook Hill Church. Sheffield, between William Pemberton & Sarah Cawthorne. Fathers are: Samuel & George. Registered marriage info is: BMD,Q1,V9c,P356. Thanks. J.G.

Re: Marriage

John Gascoigne
Looking for the marriage date in 1859 believed to be at St, George, Brook Hill Church. Sheffield, between William Pemberton & Sarah Cawthorne. Fathers are: Samuel & George. Registered marriage info is: BMD,Q1,V9c,P356. Thanks. J.G.
It was January 24th.

Regards

Terry

To Terry Ford.. Many thanks for the date. Another family history gap filled. John.

Hi John
Every now and then a name crops up that makes me take notice. William Pemberton being one, a 'sort of a' relation!

Williams' mother Widow Elizabeth (Markham) married my 4x Gt Grandfather Charles Colley in Nov 1837. The family were then together until William married Sarah. Mother Elizabeth died in 1864 at the home of son Samuel.

If you require any further info on William or his family, please ask. Only too happy to help, where I can.

Al Colley

Hello Allan, Thanks for the contact. My wife is a direct descendant of William Pemberton b.1834.
My notes about Charles Colley b.1796 from many years ago say, "Also Charles may have been a widower in 1837 because his son Charles seems to have been christened in Sheffield Cathedral 26 Oct 1828 & the mothers name was Jane." Can you help on this missing info? Thanks, John G.

Hi John

I've emailed you some info. Hope it answers some of your questions.

Cheers
Al C