Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Find a Grave

I am trying to trace where my husbands grandparents are buried. There names are Alfred Marshall dob 1889 died Sept 1957 He was a commander in the Navy so was wondering if there was any inscription on his grave stone (given he was buried and not cremated) His wife was Beatrice nee Stevens) dob 1887 died Feb 1965 I think they lived around the Stannington area at her time of death she is listed as living 26 Stnnington Road. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Find a Grave

Hi Marlene,

I started by looking at their dates of death on FreeBMD.

Arthur aged 68 Sep qtr 1957 Sheffield 2d 80
Beatrice aged 77 Sheffield 2d 382 March qtr 1965

These are very recent death as far as our transcriptions are concerned. Therefore do not show up in our database.

The NBI is also too early.

If you know they were Anglicans Christ Church Stannington
might be a place to check out. A visit to the Archives is the only place I can think of.

If there is a more recent transcription I am sure someone will come up with the answer. Have you checked out FIND A GRAVE Site?

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Just adding to my last message.

From my trusty book from S&DFHS on Sheffield Parishes it looks as if Christ Church Stannington has only deposited their Burial Registers up to 1959 at the Archives so I would check first to see if they have more recent Burial Registers.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Where do I FIND A GRAVE site

FindAGrave can be found at...
https://www.findagrave.com

Hugh

Hi Marlene,
There is a Personal Member Family Tree (no access) on Ancestry website under the name of DAVE CHEETHAM (Dave_Cheetham) for Alfred Marshall.

There is a probate record for Beatrice Ann Marshall at Wakefield on the 24th March/1965 beneficiary Beatrice Lyne married woman. The residence of death was the Stannington Rd, address.

On BMD Beatrice Marshall married Edwin A.Lyne in 1934 Dec. q. Sheffield. They had a number of children all born in Sheffield, the last one born 1955 who may still be living...??
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Hi Marlene,
Edit: Residence of Beatrice Ann Marshall at her death was Stannington Road but she died at the Royal Infirmary, Sheffield. Cheers Wendy