Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where is Alice Attwood Buried

I have been helped by the indexers and solved a tough one about Sheffield and South Africa
this quest has been even tougher.I was born Sheffield and married my wife near Dudley 1961
My research into her family found her mothers maiden name was ATTWOOD and her G.Grandfather
5 times removed William Attwood b 1749 - d.1823 Lived in Quarry Bank Staffs Kingswinford
Parish, for his 2nd Marriage to a young lady from Ecclesfield Sheffield at saint Mary's
Kingswinford Staffs. 1/5/1797.Alice was c.23 and William c. 42..Alice maiden name was BULLAS
I know she was Bapt at Ecclesfield Parish Church 1774...I know where William is buried BUT
nothing of Alice she being 20years younger??in Quarry Bank where my Wife was born. There
is a street named Sheffield Street and a pub Sheffield inn. The Attwood family in the 1800s
owned plots of land along there. what happened to ALICE ATTWOOD nee. Bullas
Thank you

Re: Where is Alice Attwood Buried

Hi Patrick

Theres an Alice Attwood - widow - marries a William Petty in 1828 in Long Compton Warwickshire.

Also a death for an Alice Attwood in 1838 - Leek, Staffordshire.

Dont know if you've already investigated both of these?

Denise

Hi Patrick

EDIT to previous email

Apologies - The death for Alice Attwood in Leek was 1842

Denise

Gro index says the one who died in Leek in 1842 was 1 yr old
Dave

Hello Denise and Dave yes I had already seen that thank you there was a widow named
Alice Attwood in the 1841 census in a Alms house ??? at Netherseal South Derbyshire aged 70
I am waiting info from the local archives[weeks] but not arrived yet...trying another source
her husband William Attwood is Buried in St Michaels Brierley Kingswinford Staffs 1823 with
his first wife Jane nee Radford I do not know the plot number I had tried the 1841 census
for Quarry Bank where they lived to no avail Patrick