Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Banns document request please

G'day

I'm on Ancestry UK and can't find the Banns document for Michael Condon & Elizabeth Newton marriage on 3.4.1837 at St Peters, Parish Church, Sheffield.

Is there any chance someone who is on another ancestry website could down load and email the Banns to me please?

Michael was born in Ireland and buried in a Catholic Cemetery in Sheffield and he is where my tree ends.

Please do not provide me with other details as I've got a wealth of information already and there is no need to waste your time on that stuff. I really only want the Banns document thank you.

cheers
Leisa in Western Australia

Re: Banns document request please

I don't find the Banns on Findmypast Leisa.

Regards

Terry

Morning Leisa,

We, S.I. only have seven years of SPC Banns in our Database. 1650's Look under marriages.

It would seem that Sheffield Archives have them from 1754-1985.

I have not checked to see if S&DFH have transcribed them but
I believe everything they have transcribed has been given to FMP not Ancestry.

Have a look at GenFair where S&DFHS have deposited their material (transcriptions) that are for sale.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Elaine

I hold all the transcriptions that we have done, and we haven't transcribed any banns.

Our transcriptions are from The Sheffield Archives holdings and where marriages were available we would leave the banns books.

Familysearch might have some but I haven't checked.

Angela

Hi Angela,

I am always grateful for your input into my messages.I hadn't thought about FamilySearch though I do use it as I get further back with my own research.

Hope you are keeping well.

Take care Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi

I've emailed you a copy of the banns

Carol