Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted new transcribers

Hi Folks,

I know its a busy time of the year for all of us but if any of you are interested in helping us with the new material that needs transcribing please think about it and contact me if you would like to help.

Terry Ford has been working away at the Archives photographing the new material (thanks Terry.)

We have Sheffield Parish Church marriages, All Saints Brightside baptisms and St Charles Borromeo RC Church at Attercliffe currently being worked on.

Looking forward to seeing old & new transcribers.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: Wanted new transcribers

Hi Elaine,
We had corresponded earlier this year about me transcribing again, but I was having a lot of issues with my eyesight so didn't. I have now had cataract surgery on one eye and think I could manage to do some transcribing. The next few weeks are rather busy, but I certainly am willing to do some transcribing.
Helen in Calgary

Hi Helen,

I certainly remember you and I will contact you off the Forum and we will see how your eyesight holds up.

Getting old certainly puts some limitations of us. LOL.

Take care

Elaine.

I have been a transcriber for many years and wanted to share the reason why I volunteered. When I began researching my family history I found so much FREE information on this site and was helped along the way by some great people. I wanted to give something back so I became a transcriber and hope that in doing so I have helped someone else with their family history research.

Please think about volunteering.

Jenny

Hi Elaine,

HR have agreed I can go part-time until my retirement in September :)
The next couple of weeks will be busy, but I can do some from January onwards.

Heths.

Hi Heather,

Nice to hear from you after all these years of both of our involvement with Sheffield Indexers.

I will certainly keep you in mind for January. We are still working away at Sheffield Parish Church but as you are aware the numbers that used the Church for events is staggering. BUT...... at least they are in English. LOL.

Have a good Xmas and congrats on your semi retirement. That was me 17 years ago. Can't believe it.

Take care.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Hi Elaine,

I would be interested in doing some transcribing. Please contact me if I can be of any help

Thanks
Jayne

Hi Jayne,

I am sure you will be able to help and I will contact you off the FORUM.

Thanks for your offer.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Hello,

I'm very interested in transcribing for you, conducting any research or trip a to the archives.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Clairemarie

Hi Clairemarie,

I have sent you an email with what is required. Thank you for contacting me.

Elaine in Ottawa.

I did transcribing for Shefield Indexers for more years than I care to admit to, and I'm sorry I had to give it up. I really miss my daily stint at the keyboard. If you're having any doubts, try it. There's a a tremendous buzz to be had if you come across a name from your family tree. Go for it!!