Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THOMAS JONES

I am looking for a Thomas Jones According to the 1939 census he was born 29 - 04 - 1880 and married Gladys Maud Davy 20 - 07 - 1918 and this is all the information I can find for him, I have checked the Ecclesall & Sheffield birth records for him with no luck although there are a Thomas henry Jones born 1880 in Attercliffe, a Thomas Harold Jones born 1880 but died in 1881and a Tom Jones born 1880 in Ecclesall buut none of these match up with the Thomas I am looking for.
In 1939 he was living at 56 Moor Grange Leeds with his wife Gladys Maud Jones, Gladys died Jan - Mar - 1892 in Leeds age 91.
Hoping you can help me.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft

Re: THOMAS JONES

Fred, you should solve this with the 1921 census which is due to be a available on FMP in early January 2022.Less tha 2 months to wait
Dave

I don't think Thomas Jones was born in Sheffield his marriage is on FMP and his father was called James (I think that is what it says) and he was a traveller when Thomas married he was a Representative.

Jones is a very Welsh name I think he was born around Neath area by looking on the 1881 census. However i have not yet found a Thomas Jones with a father James on the 1881 or 1891 census but have only had a quick look.

John

Hi Fred

1929 Electoral Roll - Thomas and Gladys Maude Jones living Wellington Road, Canal Side, Yeadon Leeds

Gladys Maude died 1st quarter 1982

Thomas died 29 March 1951 in The General Infirmary Leeds (home address 56 Moor Grange View, Headingley, Leeds). He left £22215 0s 8d to James Alec Constantine, Accountant.

Doesnt help much with his early life but its a bit more info!

Denise

Hi Fred

Correction - Thomas died 22 March 1951

Denise

Hi Fred,

Sheffield Daily Telegraph, 7 June 1919.
BIRTHS
JONES...On June 5th, to Mr and Mrs Thomas Jones (nee Davy),
246 Abbeyfield Road, Pitsmoor, a son.

Birth registration: Alexander D. Jones, Q2 1919 Sheffield, MMN Davy.

Moira.

Hi Fred, Moira et al,
There is also another birth reg: 1924 Q4,Sheffield mmn DAVY, female, SHEILA M(MARY) D.(DAVY) JONES.

Fred you should be able to trace Sheila and any living descendants as there is a possible marriage in 1950 Leeds.

HAPPY HUNTING :sleuth_or_spy: