Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Henry Leonard Crossley & Sarah Louisa (cissie) Neal

does anone know when and where Henry & Sarah got married I have checked the Sheffield, Ecclesall. & yorkshire Marriage records without any luck.
Henry Leonard Crossley was born Jul - Sep - 1861 in Sheffield Vol 9c Page 294 and died Jul - Sep - 1931 in Ecclesall Bierlow. Sarah Louisa Neal was born Jan - Mar - 1865 in Bradford and April 1932 in Wharfdale ? I have got to check this out. In 1891 Henry was living at 18 Beechwood Road Ecclesfield I have not found the 1881 census for Sarah. The 1891 shows that both Henry & Sarah were living at 23 Bates Street Ecclesall Bierlow.
My very best wishes.
fred wheatcroft.

Re: Henry Leonard Crossley & Sarah Louisa (cissie) Neal

Hi Fred,

To give you a nudge in the right direction I used the following.

FreeBMD. Marriages.

Crossley and Neal only. No first names.

I used the years 1881 to 1900.
Left the place empty.

It was a Lancaster marriage in 1890.

Try it and see what you turn up.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello Fred

In the 1891 Census, Henry (Harry) and Sarah are living in Harcourt Road, Sheffield.
They have a 3m old daughter, Lily Doris. Also with them are Sarah's parents - Charles and Susannah Neal.

Anne

Hi Fred

In 1881 Henry Leonard Crossley (assistant Draper) was living with his parents George Henry and Mary Anne and brothers and sisters at
152 Upperthorpe.

He married Sarah Louisa in 1890 so I dont think
'In 1891 Henry was living at 18 Beechwood Road Ecclesfield', as you have found him is correct

Plus in 1891 Anne has found the family living at Harcourt Road with Sarah's parents.

In 1901 they are living at 23 Bates Street.

Henry Leonard Crossley is buried in St Annes Churchyard,Baslow
Along with Sarah Louisa, who died in 1946
And their son George Henry who died in 1977

Denise