Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sarah Ann Taylor

Sarah Ann Taylor born 1902 at Sheffield. Who were her parents and was her father related to George Taylor who married Lilly Briddock in 1898. Any information would be appreciated. Ena

Re: Sarah Ann Taylor

Hi Ena,

There is a birth registration for a Sarah Ann Taylor, Q4 1902, Sheffield,
Mothers maiden name, Briddock.

Moira.

In 1911 she appears to be the neice of Alfred and Mary Elizabeth Taylor.

Regards

Terry

Thank you for your replies. I already have this information (I should have made this clear in my original post).I need her parents christian names in order to establish her grandparents.I am anxious to find her aunts and uncles as there seems to be more than one marriage between a Briddock and a Taylor. Hope someone can supply the answer. Thanks.

Who did Sarah Ann Taylor marry and when as her marriage certificate could assist you

Ena, I can only find two other Female Briddock to Male aylor marriages. One is in 1842 so irrelevant. The other is in 1873 in Barnsley, Emily to Enoch. Their first child was born Barnsley and subsequent children in Manchester.
It is clear the your Sarah Ann is one of the 11 children of George Arthur and Lily.
Dave

Hi According to Free BMD there are only 4 children to Lily Briddock and George Taylor.ie Harold b1912 Lily1913 Rose LeBasse 1915 and Earnest 1917. This lady is a mystery. I t looks as though I might have apply for her birth certificate.

Ena, the reason you are not finding the others is that they were born earlier than 1912 and before about 1912Free BMD doesn't have Mother maiden name, you need to look on GRO Index which has mmn back to 1837. You have to sign up but it is free to use.
On there you will find your Sarah Ann along with 10 other birth registrations all with mmn Briddock. The first was born 1899 and the last in 1921.
Dave

You should also try to find the family on the 1911 census as that might lead you to start looking for deaths of children

Changing subject Dave on the 1921 census which is out next year will that also be showing how many children were born and died?

Ena, just realised that 2 of George and Lily's childeren show up in our baptisms over to the left
TAYLOR, George (of 24 Court 7 House Attercliffe Road, born 1905-08-08).
Baptised August 23, 1905, by S E Paling at Christ Church, Attercliffe.
Parents name(s) are Lily & George (Labourer).

TAYLOR, Walter (of Ct 22 H 5 Marcus St, born 1899-12-23).
Baptised January 23, 1901, by Edwin Tankard Vicar at Holy Trinity, Wicker.
Parents name(s) are Lily & George Arthur (Labourer).

GRO INdex confirms that their mmn is Briddock.
I made one small error. George and Lily had 12 live births (I said 11), So Sarah Ann had 11 siblings
Dave

Thank you all so much for this help I will now be able to move forward.

Hi ,The Briddocks are my family, one of George and lilys children , Ernest was my grandfather.If I can help in your search please message me Alison

Hi Alison I am not related to the Briddocks and Taylors but my grandson is the great great grandson of Rose LeBasse Taylor b1915.sister of your grandfather Ernest.Any information you can give me regarding Ernest's many siblings would be wonderful. Regards Ena

Hello, if you require any information I will tell you all I know about the family members.Rose le base had children , Barry & Tony and Ernest had Michael & Janet.

Hi Alison my grandson is the grandson of Barry and Sylvia Holmes. I have dates of birth of the following Taylor children. Walter, Sarah Ann, George, Florence Annie, Harold, Lily,Rose leBasse and Ernest. Are there more children that I don't know about? Did George Taylor and serve in ww1? Regards Ena

Hi Alison my grandson is the grandson of Barry and Sylvia Holmes. I have dates of birth of the following Taylor children Walter, Sarah Ann, George, Florence Annie, Harold, Lily, Rose leBasse and Ernest. Are there any more children that I don't know abou?.Did George Taylor snr serve in ww1? Regards Ena.