Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Coney, Neepsend School

Good evening folks

I was hoping to find within the records of Neepsend School a Mary Coney b 1910, but she isn't there which at this time is a mystery because her brother Herbert b 1916 is listed.
I see the records for Neepsend were transcribed in 2008, where are those records now ?

Another query which I am sure someone will answer is that when you insert *Neepsend* you bring up all 1975 results and scanning through them you have just Herbert Coney listed, but click on surname match and you bring up 5 Coney's, unfortunately Mary isn't amongst them.
Why aren't there 5 Coney's listed within the 1975 total ?

Re: Mary Coney, Neepsend School

Roger, The other 4 Coneys are not at Neepsend.
Dave
Edit Someone born in 1910 would enter school in 1915. Our admission registers for this school start in 1918.

Hi Dave and thanks, should have had my glasses cleaned !

Hello Roger,
Are you aware of Mary's acting interests? She appeared in an operetta "Peter's Luck" at Rutland Hall Settlement in 1925, and the next year in "Taming of the Shrew". In 1928 she won several classes in the annual competition of the Sheffield branch of the British Shakespeare Society, held at the Victoria Hall. If required, I can forward the relevant newspaper clippings.
Cheers, Ted

Hi Ted, many thanks !

Will e mail you

Roger