Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Information Arthur L Walters 20.01.1912

Trying to find some connection with my Dad Reginald Edward Walters 1912

On His Brothers 1939 Registration is an Arthur L Walters born 20.01.1912 he is on with George F, Walters 03.Sept 1914 and his wife Ruby 01 08 15 My Uncle & Aunt.

My Grandad Reginald Charles Walter(s) 1884 was very secretive, run away from is wife in London and left a wife & child. Never married my Grandma ever as she died before his wife.. All Hush Hush until I worked this all out on Ancestry and My Mother denied it. I presume for the sake of my Dad but he had already died.

I was wondering where Arthur L Walters fit in to my tree - any help would be most appreciate

Re: Information Arthur L Walters 20.01.1912

Hi Kathleen, Both Reginald and George had birth mothers maiden name of Whatley, There is another birth 1916 Leslie Walters mothers maiden name Whatley. Perhaps the 1939 register got his birth year wrong?

Hi
I had a careful look at the original 1939 register sheet. I think there has been a mis- transcription.

Arthur L Walters should be Arthur L WATERS.

His birth registration-
Waters Arthur L Waters Rotherham Mar qtr 1912 9c 1732

Death-

Name: Arthur Lowther Waters
Death Age: 79
Birth Date: 20 Jan 1912
Registration Date: Apr 1991
Registration District: Sheffield
Inferred County: South Yorkshire
Volume: 3
Page: 1898

Hope someone else can check this and agree.

Sue

The GROI index has that birth registration in q1 1912 as Arthur Lowther Waters and he was illegitimate.
The way to find out more would be to purchase the birth cert. That would give you his mother's name.
Dave

Thank you to everyone - I can see the slip up. Just thought there was another Uncle I didn't know about.