Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TWO DAUGHTERS OF THOMAS WHEATCROFT & HANNAH TAYLOR

I am looking for two sister's Mary Ann Taylor Wheatcroft Born Apr - Jun -1948 in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 22 Page 120, and Emma Wheatcroft born Oct - Dec - 1851 in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 22 Page 174.
In 1871 they were both living at 129 Gleadless Road, Hallam Hether, Ecclesall Bierlow with their Parents Thomas Wheatcroft & Hannah Taylor.
I have searched the Ecclesall & Sheffield B.M.D. records but I have not found any marriage or death records for them, They had a brother Edwin Wheatcroft he was born Jul - Sep - 1838 in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 22 Page 103 he died Jul - Sep - 1862 in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 9c Page 138.
I would be very grateful for any other information regarding Mary Ann (Taylor) and Emma Wheatcroft.
in the 1871 Mary Ann Taylor is only named as Mary Ann.
My very best wishes
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: TWO DAUGHTERS OF THOMAS WHEATCROFT & HANNAH TAYLOR

Hi Fred,

Mary Ann Wheatcroft seems to have married George Henry Crossley, Q2 1876 Sheffield.
The marriage is not on FMP so could be a Register Office marriage.

On the 1881 census, they are living at 152 Upperthorpe, Sheffield, and there are
also four children from George Henry's first marriage, also one assistant, one apprentice and one servant. George Henry is a Genl. Draper, this would tie in with
Mary Ann being a drapers assistant on the 1871 census.

The burial of Mary Ann J Crossley is on this site, she died at Norwood Grange which
is where she was living on the 1911 census.

Moira.

Fred,

Mary Ann Wheatcroft was a draper's assistant in the 1871 census?

I reckon she married George Henry Crossley, a prominent and successful "Gen.l draper" (born in Penistone 1834) in Q2 1876 vol 9C p657.

She would be the Mary Ann Taylor Crossley in the 1911 census widow of private means living at Norwood Grange with a cook and a housemaid.

She died aged 88 on 1 September 1935 and was buried at Burngreave after a Methodist service (Sheffield Independent 2 September 1935) or aged 87 according to the civil register vol 9C p444.

Cheers,

Andrew P

Hi Moira,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply and valued information,
Sorry for the very long dely in getting back to you I have not been too well for the last few weeks.
My very bet wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Andrew,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply and valued information,
Sorry for the very long delay in getting back to you I have not been too well for the last few weeks.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.