Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burials of Kenneth and Eleanor Monteath

I'm trying to find where a Kenneth Allan Monteath who Died 22 March 1955 and his wife Eleanor Beatrice Monteath who died 27 April 1965 are buried. They were living at 18 Meadowhead Avenue Sheffield when they died. His parent's and 3 brothers are in City Road Cemetery on find a Grave and Sheffield Index's.

Re: Burials of Kenneth and Eleanor Monteath

wonder if they were cremated at City Road and as the index only goes up to 1951 that is why they are not shwing up on this site

Hi Kirsty,

Call City Road. Bereavement Services. They should be able to help.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thanks will try them

Just an update/question, City Road Bereavement Services passed my request on to the Libraries archives who have suggested as they do not show on the Sheffield Index's they could have been cremated. As the index only goes up to 1951 on this site, do you know if the record's are indexed after 1951 ? if so I could get a $30 search for 30 mins

Hello Kirsty
Kenneth Allan Monteath (77) was cremated at City Road on 28th March 1955. Cremation number:20922
Eleanor Beatrice Monteath (87) was cremated at City Road on May 3rd 1965. Cremation number:61028.
This information is from the Index Books which Bereavement Services allowed us to photograph. They can tell you what happened to the cremated remains if you quote dates and cremation numbers.
Christine, Friends of Burngreave Cemetery.

Thanks Christine to have found them at last is just great