Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DEATH RECORD FOR ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT

I am looking for the death record for Ann Maria Wheatcroft in 1881 shes was living at 250 Rockingham Street in Ecclesall, The 1891 census shows the her husband Joseph Wheatcroft was a widdower he was living at Landsdowne road Sheffield. I have searched both the Ecclesall & Sheffield death records 1881 - 1891 but with no luck.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: DEATH RECORD FOR ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT

Hi Fred,
Have you ever written off for the death certificate of
ANN MULLEN(MUSSON) WHEATCROFT who died 1891 June qtr. Boston, Lincs. age 52..??
This is the only good fit age-wise and time-wise that I can find.

Was your Ann Maria France married twice,,?? first to William Dawson in 1860 then to Joseph Wheatcroft in 1863.
If so, could the MUSSON above actually be Dawson..?? Just a speculation on my part.

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Wendy if this death is correct i do not seem to be able to find a burial record for her on my Lincs cds so was she staying with relatives then when she died. I also dont seem to be able to find her buried in Sheffield. Where was Joseph living in 1891 Fred please?

A quick calculation on Free BMD shows that Ann Musson Wheatcroft was death registered in mid June 1891, more than 2 monthsa after the census in which Joseph was already a widower.
Dave

A while ago we found that Joseph Wheatcroft married Ann Maria France in 1863 in Sheffield.

Hi John et al,
My speculative death record for: Ann Musson/Mullen Wheatcroft in 1891 June qtr. Boston Lincs, is to be found in Free BMD records under Ann Musson Wheatcroft and in GRO records as Ann Mullen Wheatcroft, aged 52.
The 1891 census record for Joseph Wheatcroft is at 29 Lansdowne Road, where he appears as a widow.

Dave: Is it possible the death record above was registered late, considering this may have been an out of town death.
The 1891 census was not done until 5/6th April that year, so a slightly earlier death would account for Ann not appearing on the 1891 census, at least, not that I could find, maybe someone else would have more info..??

There is an alternative, Ann left Joseph sometime after 1881 and could have died whenever and under whatever name..??
Interestingly, Joseph, on the 1901 census is recorded as single, boarding at Boston Street. I believe his death was on the 7th Jan/1906 Ecc.Bierlow interred at Sheffield General Cemetery, last known residence Ecclesall Union.

I am working on the principle that without a death cert there could be no burial. 2 months is a long time to store a body in 1891
Dave

Hi Dave,
I can see we are traveling on different tracks here.

I was thinking that my speculative, Lincolnshire, death record for June quarter of 1891, would cover from April 1st... and should Ann have died late March++ it could well have been the Apr/May/June quarter period before registration took place. The 1891 census took place April 5/6th so Joseph would have been recorded as a widow.

This Ann Musson/Mullen Wheatcroft death can only be eliminated from the search, if Fred purchases a death certificate which, understandably, he may or may not be willing to do.
HAPPY HUNTING :sleuth_or_spy:

Wendy, based upon the page number of the death registration I have calculated that the registration took place in mid June.
Dave

Just a shot in the dark here but could that not be the correct death. Could it be that Ann Maria was either in prison, sent away for hard labour or in an institution and the term widower for Joseph was in fact a red herring.

Hi John et al,

Anything is up for grabs, as my purely speculative death for Ann is just that and now Dave's calculations have probably fired a canon through that particular record.