Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
burial record duplicate entry question

I researched Mary Bissett for the date of death (hoping this was formerly Mary Howard) and then I found a duplicate record but different grave numbers. Also added information in the comments section. Can anyone throw any light on this for me please?
Tia
BISSETT, Mary (, age 85).
Died at ; Buried on April 27, 1926 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 13, Section B of All Saints Cemetery, Darfield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: New Ground 2nd row Bricked grave-Burial Info: 4 ft left.
Plot Owner: of . Page No
Find Similar in Same Grave Same Household if Available Surname Match if Available

BISSETT, Mary (, age 85 years).
Died at 7 School Street Darfield; Buried on April 27, 1926 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 238, Section of All Saints Cemetery, Darfield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: I certify that this burial was taken by Fred Inwood Wesleyan Minister. W Henwood curate..
Plot Owner: of . Page No

Re: burial record duplicate entry question

Hi Sarah,

The Darfield Burials were NOT transcribed by us. A very kind gentleman offered his transcription for this cemetery which I accepted. I did know his name but it just doesn't come to mind.

If you need to check it out you would have to contact the cemetery and they could look at the original for you.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: burial record duplicate entry question

Hi Sarah,

If the Mary who died in 1926 was 85 years old, that would make year of birth ca 1841.
The Mary Howard who married Charles Bissett was born in 1877 though, and she was alive and on Fowler St in 1939.
Did you find a burial for Charles? He died in 1922. Maybe she’s with him?
Another possibility - her son Roy is in the same plot at City Rd as her mum Mary Dodson.
It might be worth checking if there are any later burials in that plot which haven’t been transcribed yet.

I leave the question about the duplicate Darfield record for the transcribers.
Happy hunting!

Heths