Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Find a Grave

Could someone help me find my Aunts Grave? Maria Ozenbrook was died on 09/01/1941, she was 35 years old when she died. I know that she was a patient at Middlewood Hospital Wadsley in Sheffield Yorkshire. I believe her mother (my Grandmother) collected her body from the hospital, but I would like to know where she is buried - I am not coming up with any results at all. I hope someone can assist with finding what cemetary. Thank you

Re: Find a Grave

Hello Cath,

Maria is buried in Tinsley Park Cemetery, although her name is spelled AZENBROOK in the transcription.

Tinsley Park Cemetery
Grave K49c (c=consecrated section)
OZENBROOK William Henry 31 May 1906 4y son of William 107 Clay St Attercliffe
OYENBROOK Sherwin 4 Jan 1912 2y son of William 63 Surbiton St Carbrook
OZENBROOK Harry 13 Jun 1912 10m son of William 63 Surbiton St Carbrook
OZENBROOK Edith 7 Dec 1922 19y dau of William 10 Sutherland St Sheffield
OZENBROOK William 13 Sep 1923 49y grocer 338 Attercliffe Common Carbrook
AZENBROOK Maria 13 Jan 1941 35y spinster S Y Mental Hosp/61 Whites Lane Sheffield
dates are burial dates)

Hugh

Dear Hugh,
thank you so much for finding Maria's grave. I also recognize my grandfather William. My father also spoke about the family members you mention and the stories behind them all. Thank you so much, Hugh. I have always wanted to know where they were all buried. You are so very kind, thank you. I plan to have a visit this summer. Cath.

Hi again Hugh, or any other kind person from the forum,

Thank you again for finding Maria Ozenbrook's Grave (along with the rest of her immediate family.
There is another sister missing that is not in that grave, I cannot locate her at all - 'Mary Jane Ozenbrook' DOB July 1915 (the same Christian name as her mother (Mary Jane Ozenbrook, mainen name Whalley or spelt Walley, I am unsure of the correct surname spelling, albeit one of them is correct.

I think this daughter was married and died in childbirth, and the baby was placed in the same coffin - However, I am unsure if that could have been 'Edith' that you mention is in the Grave at Tinsley Cemetery.

Just to complete, I cannot find Mary Jane Ozenbrook's Grave daughter of William Ozebbrook (her father RIP age 49). I did come across a marriage to a gentleman called 'William Wood', Chesterfield Derbyshire, but unsure if this was the correct person Mary Jane born in 1915 married.
Please can you help me find her grave? I will visiting Tinsley Cemetary this Summer - thank's you to for finding the grave.

I know they all had a Step father, who was very good to them all, named John Christopherson, but I cannot find his grave either.

I know where my Grandmother is Mary Jane Ozenbrook nee Whalley,is buried in Lytham Lancashire.

Could you halp me find Mary Jane Ozenbrook's Grave (Mother Whalley) and John Christopherson her stepfather, just to conclude - I will have found them all then. I am so very grateful to you.

Hi Catherine,

There’s a birth for a Neville P Wood with MMN Ozenbrook.
If you look at the City Rd burials on this site, Neville P Wood and Mary Jane Wood are in the same plot.

Heths

Hi Catherine,
On this website over to your left under Burial Records you will find details for Mary Jane Wood's burial on Jan/1st/1938 at City Road Cemetery Sheffield along with a burial in the same grave for Neville Peter a son of William, age 6 months buried Sept 29 1937.
You will also find a burial for a John Christopherson at City Road Cemetery, buried Oct/26/1944.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Thank you Heather - so appreciative of your help. I intend to visit this Summer.

Thank you Wendy - very appreciative of your help - I intent to visit this Summer!

Hello Catherine

I have a photo of the headstone at Section GG plot 3975 if you would like a copy but according to my records the isn't a memorial over at Section F plot 2813

Regards Tony Morton

Hi Tony, I would like to see the photo very much.
Cath

Hello Cath

I have E-mailed you the photo

regards Tony Morton

Dear Tony,
thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I have found it very interesting.

Really do appreciate this. It is good to put together the stories that my dad told me many years ago.

I never thought I would be able to even find a memorial stone.

My dad never mentioned where his family was buried, I know he would talk about his sisters that he lost such as Mary Jane (Jennie) he used to dance with her, I believe he was very close to her - and told be stories she died from complications in child birth.

There is a story behind all of the family members that have been identified, and the dates etc, back up a lot of this.

Thanks to you and other members of the forum.

A very grateful thank you.
Cath.

Hi,
if a headstone is missing from a grave, I am presuming it may have broken (I believe it was lad down possibly due to Health & Safety Reasons), but I could not find it. Would the Cemetery have put it somewhere safe (if it was intact). I went to visit my Aunts Grave City Road Cemetery, but I could find the plot, but not the Headstone. I presume it had all broken up, as on a photo it appeared to be not that substantial, and looked like concrete on a photo.

Hi Catherine. many graves do not have a headstone as lots of people couldn't afford them !! So its not a surprise if you find graves without one. John

Hi John - thank you for your reply - really good of you. I have a photo of the Headstone,that belongs to the plot, that a kind forum member emailed to me - the photo was taken at some point not sure when, but it was laid down flat, believe possibly by Health and Safety - it had my family members names on it. It was not on the plot when I visited - pretty convinced I had the correct plot, the headstone was not there. It was the correct section GG. Apologies - I don't think I was clear.

Cath.

Hello Catherine

The photo I sent you was taken @ 2006 I would be very surprised if the headstone has been moved since then.

I pass City Road quite often I will take a look next time I am passing.

Meantime I will send a photo of the grave at GG 3974 and you can see your relatives headstone laid on top of the plot, you may be able to tell if you were at the right plot from that.

Tony

That is very good of you Tony - very appreaciative for all your efforts. Thank you so much.

Hi Tony,
GG 3975. Again it is really kind of you to have a look.
Cath

Hello Catherine.

I managed to get up to the cemetery today, The headstone is still where it was on the original photo although the most of the headstones in this section are surrounded and partially obscured by a tall weed.

I have sent three new photos of the plot, you may be able to track the location a little better from these.

Regards Tony

Really appreciate all what you have done - you have really gone above and beyond. Very appreciative. I am astounded how dedicated and extremely helpful the members of this forum are. Thank you Tony. Catherine.