Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Transcribing

Our past project of Marriages from Sheffield Parish Church is in the process of being checked and will be completly on line shortley.

The current project is the Parish Church of St Marie (RC).Marriages 1844-1856. English
1856-1942 Latin.

For those of you who would like a bit of a challange we could always use more transcribers.:grinning:

Please email me at the above address if you would like to help.

Thanks Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: Help Transcribing

Elaine,

I am interested in doing some transcribing. I cannot get onto your e-mail. I do not know anything about Latin.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Did you click of the envelope just under my message?

Give it a try and let me know if you are still having problems. I may have miss led you saying up above. Thats where you enter it but it shows just below the message.

Elaine.

Just out of interest Elaine, whenever I want to email someone via this site, the email link does not work for me. However if I hover over the word Email next to the envelope icon, it shows the email address in the bottom LH corner of my screen. I am using an old desktop and an old windows programme - whether that is causing it I don't know.
Lyn

Hi Lyn & Linda,

If you also click on the word email it works.

I have windows 10 so dont know if it works as well on older systems.

Linda give it another go.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Elaine,

Thanks for the info. When I click on email at the bottom left of your message I get a blue square which says "Choose which account to send the email from" and also "Cancel".

I only have one e-mail account. I waited for a couple of minutes in case something else came up and nothing did. After I had sent my message to you I tried to bring up the email on my own message and the same thing happened.

Although I look on the site every day I have never tried to send a message by the e-mail system.

I have Microsoft 365 but that should not have made any difference.

Linda

Hi Linda,

I dont know what is happening as I am able to use this system but I have sent you a private email explaing what is needed to transcribe.

Thanks Elaine.