Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Section B4 in General Ground Burngreave.

On the web site I found this reference

SMITH, Isabella (spinster, age 21).
Died at Acorn Street; Buried on October 21, 1875 in General ground;
Grave Number 5, Section B4 of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: reopened 2410.

Looking for B4-General Ground on the site map and I could only find a B4 section in the consecrated area.

At the Cemetery today, I found that this latter grave does not hold the Smith family I am looking for.

Can anyone help me find where this grave is?

Thanks
Neil

Re: Looking for Section B4 in General Ground Burngreave.

Hi Neil

If you look at the map on this site section "B" General Ground is on the right hand side of the central path, directly opposite to section "B" consecrated.

Angela

Thanks Angela,
I have checked section B and B1 and B2 and B3 general ground.
Graves in those areas clearly show the appropriate section when you look up a name online that is on a grave that has a headstone in that section.
There is no Section B4 marked in the general ground map online or at the cemetery.

Neil

Hi Neil,

If you look over to the left you will see MI's with contact email addresses for Burngreave.

They are the people who have transcribed and know the Cemetery well so I am sure they will be able to help you.

Regards.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello Neill
B4 General is a marginal plot and can be found as a blank box alongside the plot map for R general.
If you visit our website, maps tab, scroll down below the coloured map and there are instructions on how to find and download this map- otherwise, email me! Christine, Friends of Burngreave Cemetery.

Hello Neil
B4 General is a marginal plot and can be found as a blank box alongside the plot map for R general.
If you visit our website, maps tab, scroll down below the coloured map and there are instructions on how to find and download this map- otherwise, email me! Christine, Friends of Burngreave Cemetery.