Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shortridge Road School , Attercliffe,1880s school certificates for Gertrude ,Edith and Harry Fields

I have rescued a 8 certificates for Gertrude ,Edith and Harry Fields from the 1880s,,they were about to be dumped from a school clear out at a church school in Rotherham.They are a mixture of what appears to be Education certificates and Sunday school union certificates,eight in all.
If anyone wants them I will post them on.
I don’t think I’ve come across Shortridge Road School Attercliffe in any records before. The certificates are signed by J R Blackiston MA inspector.
Love the site
Richard

Re: Shortridge Road School , Attercliffe,1880s school certificates for Gertrude ,Edith and Harry Fi

Richard, I have no interest in these people but I would welcome a glimpse of the education certificates at the time. Would you mind please emailing me a couple of scans or photos of them?
Dave

Re: Shortridge Road School , Attercliffe,1880s school certificates for Gertrude ,Edith and Harry Fi

Hi Dave photos of certificates are ready but unsure as to how to forward them to you.
Richard

Richard,
Just attach the files to an email. My email address is at the bottom of this message.
Dave

Sorry about that I didn’t press on your email logo long enough.If you want copies of all 8 I will attempt to send them the right way up next time .
Richard

Richard, thank you very much. They are very beautiful. I do not need any more.
Thanks again
Dave

Richard, it seems such a shame that these historic documents may not find their way to descendants of Gertrude,, Edith and Harry Field.
A quick look at GRO index identifies them and Gertrude, the eldest was born 1876 mmn Ellis.
I have checked Ancestry trees and there is no tree on there with her on it. However, on Genes Reunited there are 2 trees which have Gertrude, Edith and Harry. I wonder if someone with subs would kindly send a message to the two tree owners to see if they are interested?
Dave

There is a tree on ancestry - user called athayjohn.
Put in Harry Field born 1879 in the public trees.