Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beighton Family from Sheffield area

Hello,

I have come to a standstill on the Beighton family, the last person that is 95% defiante is a George Beighton baptised on the 1st May at the Cathedral Church of St Peter & St Paul, Sheffield. Fathers name William Beighton.

George may have had siblings:

1713 Anne baptised on the 22nd January at St Peter & St Paul – Sheffield Cathedral, fathers name William – no Mothers name.

1717 Esther baptised on the 9th October in Sheffield, father was William who was a Tailor by trade.

1721 Jane baptised on the 19th March in Sheffield, father was William who was a Tailor by trade.

George married Sarah Douglas on the 3rd May in Ecclesfield. Sarah’s residence is recorded as Laughten En le Morthan, Doncaster.

So it looks like George's father was a William and maybe a Tailor, which is on one of the siblings baptism. But no idea which William of who the Mother might be.

Any help would be gratefully recieved, thank you.

Re: Beighton Family from Sheffield area

what year was George Baptised please?

Silly me - it was 1710

Had a rough check on the books I have and can't see a marriage at the above church for William before 1710 however will double check later.

Hi David, There are two marriages for William nearby. William Beighton to Jane Farmer 15 December 1692 Ashbourne, Derbyshire by licence. William Beighton to Hannah Briddon 12 February 1701 Youlgreave, Derbyshire living in Pentridge. Regards Barry

Hi David
There is also a marriage listed in the records on this site:

William Beighton and Grace Dower married 16 April 1699 at Rotherham

Regards
Steve