Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOE (JOSEPH) MALLINDER

I am looking for Joe (joseph) Mallinder's Parents, I have purchased a birth certificate born
11 - 01 - 1922 for Joe Mallinder but his father is not named and his mother is named as
Sarah Mallinder they were living at 80 Gawber Road Barnsley at the time of Joe' birth.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: JOE (JOSEPH) MALLINDER

Hi Fred, The GRO shows no mother's name on the birth so assume she was unmarried. There is a christening record for Sarah Mallinder 27 July 1904 Gawber, Barnsley Father Jonathan mother Annie. There is also a 1911 census for her in Barnsley father Jack mother Hannah, both could be Jonathan and Annie? There is a marriage in Barnsley 1928 of a Sarah Mallinder marrying a Benjamin Fearn, Also a birth of a George Henry Fearn 1933 Barnsley Mothers name Mallinder. They are Both on the 1939 Census which i cannot access.Regards Barry

Hi,

1939 register, 7 Reelis Street, Barnsley.
Benjamin Fearn, 20 June 1905, colliery hewer below, heavy worker. married.
Sarah Fearn, 24 October 1904, unpaid domestic duties. Married.
William Fearn, 20 Jan 1929, at school. Single.
Closed record.
George N Fearn, 4 August 1933, at school. single.
Winifred Fearn (O’Brien) 1 Jan 1935, at school, single.
Joan Fearn (Johnson) 12 June 1939, under school age, single.
Closed record,

Heths

PS, some discrepancy with the address.
Benjamin is listed at the bottom of a page, and his address says 7 ditto, with the previous entries being 5 ditto, 3 ditto and 1 Reelis Street.
Sarah is at the top of the next page, and her address is given as 7 Park Row, but the entry below her says 9 Reelis Street.

Heths.