Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Married in 2 different churches

Can anyone explain why it appears that in 1792 Thomas Bintliffe married Hannah Alsop at the Sheffield Parish Church (Cathedral) on Feb 12th and then again in Silkstone on the 9th April. Both records appear in the record books for each church and in the corresponding Bishops Transcripts.

Help

Re: Married in 2 different churches

Hi Neil, Could the two different spellings of his name mean two different people? The one in Barnsley Bintliff and the one in Sheffield Bincliffe could be one big coincidence? Regards Barry

Neil
1792 baptisms
Wath on Dearn 8th April Thomas , parents Thomas and Hannah
Silkstone 11 December John, parents Thomas and Hannah
There are other baptisms in the 1790s that back this up so it looks like 2 different families.
Dave

Unfortunately in the Wath baptisms it is Hannah Garsides not Alsop and I cannot find any baptisms in Sheffield between Thomas and Hannah, even for different spellings of their surname.
Thanks any way, any help always appreciated.

Barry
I thought coincidence too, but I can't find any children of the Sheffield Thomas and Hannah after 1792 even using all the historically different spellings of their family name, yet there are at least 4 in Silkstone between 1792 and 1802. Did you find any in Sheffield

Thanks for the help
Regards
Neil