Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grave search

Hope someone maybe able to help. Would anyone be able to search a few grave stones for me.
All my ancestors lived in Sheffield so most of them are buried in the Sheffield Cemeteries. The people I am searching for are:-

Charles Hibbard buried 9/7/1903 age 60 consecrated ground Grave 8642 Sec T
Sarah Jane Bailey 1903 Grave 6719 Sec V3? consecrated ground.
Sarah Parking died 15/4/1931 widow age 80 General Portion Grave 12382 Sec BB
Thomas Martin died 5/10/1886 age 33 consecrated ground Grave 12047 Sec X
All buried in City Road

Would there be photos of these grave stones recorded.

Thank you in anticipation.

Re: Grave search

Hello Marlene,

I am trying to untangle the burials/ names you have posted.

There is a headstone at Section T plot 8642 but it only mentions the names MARTIN & LEAK

There is also a headstone at Section V3 plot 6719 But it only shows the name of Charles HIBBARD (husband of Sarah) although the database shows 4 other burials including Sarah Jane BAILEY in that plot.

Section BB Plot 12382 Has no headstone. The burial book list the grave classification, for this plot, as a "Margin" so it would be a shared grave.

Section X plot 12047 Again there is no headstone and the burial book list it as a "Margin" plot. I noticed Thomas was one of a total of ten burials that took place between the 1st and 21st of October in this plot so I would think this plot may be what is often termed as a "paupers" grave.

You are welcome to a copy of the two headstones if you can post or send me your e-mail address

Cheers Tony Morton

Could you please forward the photos to my email address
marlenemarshall1943@gmail.com
Thank you

Hi Marlene,

Photos are on their way

Cheers Tony Morton