Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arnold Eccles

Hi everyone I'm hitting a brick wall in trying to find a marriage and death record for Arnold Eccles born 1898/1899 in Sheffield.His mother was Annie Eliza Eccles (nee Spye). I have found him in the school admissions in here in 1911 but the address given for him is confusing as in the 1911 census his Guardian is not living at the address stated. I'm confused ha ha so any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Re: Arnold Eccles

Hi Keeley, There is a marriage of Arnold Eccles to Edith M Parnell 3q 1920 in Guisborough, Yorkshire. And living in Redcar, Yorkshire 1939 census. Only birth record i can see is 1897 mother Meek? Regards Barry

The school records states- Into Union- there is a Arnold Eccles in the union in 1911 Fulwood Cottage Homes on Family search.

WW1 pension record at Ancestry - last address listed there, in 1918, is 165 Cuthbert Bank Road (he did not serve overeseas).

That address is linked to his sister Annie Eliza. She was unmarried when she had Marion, baptised at St Philip's in 1917. This Annie later married William WOODHEAD.

There are 3 entries in the Register of Inmates for Ecclesall Workhouse for Arnold and his mother (once with his sister Annie eliza) in 1903, 1904 and 1906. In each case his dob is given as 2 Feb 1898.

"Arnold D" with that dob is in Mansfield in 1939. In fact, this is definitely him because his WW1 service number is noted in the margin.

A death was registered in 1986 in Mansfield for Arnold ECCLES born "1 Feb 1898".

Hugh

Thankyou very much everyone.

Hi Keeley,
There is an ARNOLD SPYE gro birth registration for 1898 March qtr, Ecclesall Bierlow- no mmn, which would fit a February birth.

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy: