Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Emily Hartley-Myers-Paget

Hi

I'm looking for more information on the marriage of Emily Myers to Arthur J Paget at Wortley (most likely at St Mary's in Ecclesfield) in 1920 I have the marriage register page (Q4 9c 720) but can't get hold of the actual certificate. Also been on Family Search but it only has the information that I have already got and I've not got a subscription for the paid sites.

What I am trying to confirm is if Emily is a widow, age about 47, father's name would be Thomas Hartley.

Can anyone help with this please?

Many thanks
Julia

Re: Emily Hartley-Myers-Paget

Hi Julia, You may have to send for the certificate to make sure. Emily Hartley married James Frederick Myers 3q 1893, James was born 1868 died 1915 they had 10 children according to the 1911 census. Does this fit with yours. Emily was born 1873. Possibly some of the children were renamed Padget? Regards Barry

Yes that is right, my great-grandma was one of the 10 (there was actually 11 but one died when only about 6 months old and James was buried with her in Ecclesfield cemetery). I can't find Emily after that. My great-grandma, Mary Elizabeth Myers, got married in May 1920 and her address is 12 Johnson Lane so I would imagine Emily was living there too at that point. I couldn't find a death record for an Emily Hartley so started exploring alternatives and found this marriage which would explain it. There is an Emily Paget on the death register in 1928, age 55 so that would fit too. I like to be sure though!

Emily Padget died 1928 looks like the right one, she is buried in St Mary's Ecclesfield North Part 1, plot 374 age 55 of 12 Johnson Lane, with James Frederick Myers died 1915 age 47 of 12 Johnson Lane and Florrie Myers, died 1910 age 6m of 94 The Common, Ecclesfield.

You can find the info from their website.

https://www.stmarysecclesfield.com/History/Cemetery_Burials.html

Thanks Richard! I think that confirms it. I have got the pdf of the burials in Ecclesfield but had forgotten.