Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT NEE FRANCE

Hi,
I know I posted this message 18 - 07 - 2020 but I still can not find the death of of Ann Maria Wheatcroft. In 1881 she was living with her husband Joseph Wheatcroft at 250 Rockingham Street Ecclesall Bierlow, The 1891 shows that joseph was living at 27 landsdowne Road Sheffield with his daughter in Law? Hannah Allen his marital status is given as widower.
I have searched Ancestry, Find My Past and Genes Reunited without any luck.
I now will have to search for his son?. which I din not know he had.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT NEE FRANCE

Two things spring to mind 1) could she have died overseas 2)I think this needs checking though but in 1886 tere is a marriage for a Maria Wheatcroft unfortunately on FMP does not give the certificate as it was in Derbyshire. Could it be that she had not died and they had split up but in those days there was no way you could put divorce on a census return.

John

HI. Do you have a date of birth for Joseph as there is a burial for one in the General Cemetery Anglican section along with other Wheatcrofts if it is him you might find the other burials helpful. Dave

Hi John,
Thank you very much for yoyr very kind reply. I have checked the Maria Wheatcroft you mentioned, She Married a henry Dakin in Derby and was Born 1845 in Draycott. I think The death record I will have to put down as not found.
My very best wishes.
Fred Whaetcroft.

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply.
Joseph was born 26 - 03 - 1836 in Heeley Nether Hallam. Married Ann Maria France 06 - 1863 in Ecclesall Bierlow, and died Jan - Mar - 1906 aged 71 in Ecclesall Bierlow.
I think I will have to put Ann Maria's death record as not found. still you can't win them all.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.