Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John George Scarborough (1870-) and Ruth Rebecca Scarborough (1868-)

They were both born in Teversal, Notts to mother Hannah nee Taylor. In 1881, they were living with my grandfather George Machen - both parents were widowed and had married earlier. I know John G married Mary Oldfield in 1898 and they had at least four children Alberta b/d 1902, Harry b 1903, John b 1907 and Lizzie b1905. In 1901 he was a coal carter living in Worral. Harry (ganister miner) married Lois G Jones in 1933 and Lizzie married Windsor Penistone in 1928. Lizzie died in 1838 and Windsor remarried.

Ruth Rebecca married Charles Uttley (stonemason) and had at least four children.

None of these is my direct relation but maybe there is someone who reads the forum is either a descendant or has an interest in the family. If so, I have a photo taken in Lap Water in about 1884 showing Hannah(died 1885), Ruth and John, along with my great grandfather, my grandfather and his two half-sisters. Anyone with an interest is welcome to a copy.

Andrew

Re: John George Scarborough (1870-) and Ruth Rebecca Scarborough (1868-)

Andrew,

Have you tried using FreeBMD for death dates.

Giving you a nudge.......

Deaths Dec 1949
Uttley Ruth R 81 Bakewell 3a 19

from FreeBMD.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thanks for that Elaine - I use FMP and FreeBMD plus whatever else!

I am not looking to add anything on these two to my tree as they are not direct enough, but I wanted to let anyone searching for Scarborough or Uttley (or connected families) that I had a photo of the family group.

John and family were in the Oughtibridge area in the early 1900s but I have not found them in 1911.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Nice to see you again....... Made me look at my tree as I rembered we had looked into those Uttley's before.

I had wondered if Ruth was living with a family member at the time of her death.

If so how about looking on line for the Bakewell History Society if they have one that is, and see if they could help. Someone more local might be able to help you.

Take care.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype