Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christopher Hague (Uncle Chris)

Cannot find Christopher Hague born 1888 after 1901. I have him with parents Walter & Sarah Jane (Janney) on the 1891/1901. I have his family on the 1911 at Garside Fold Oughtibridge, but he is not with them and also cannot locate him for 1939. There is a Christopher Hague with correct birth year on the 1911 & 1939 with wife Amey (Amey Whitham). I remember my Uncle Chris as a child and he never married. Any help appreciated.

Re: Christopher Hague (Uncle Chris)

Hi David

On FMP there is Christopher Hague born 1888 married Amy Whitham in Outibridge 13 sept 1909. Father Walter (Filecutter), I would say you probably have to revisit the 'never married' scenario.

I'll send you the marriage certificate by dm.

Al Colley

Hi Allan

Many thanks for certificate. I will have to ask some questions about marriage!!! because it does show his father as Walter.

There's a burial of an Amy Hague in Wortley 1958.

Jun Qtr 1958 (Age 69)
Wortley, Yorkshire
2D 670

Al

David

Just to add to the confusion, on the 1939 Register, apart from Christopher & Amy, there are two sons, Christopher jnr (b1914) and Walter (b1921).

Al

Yes I agree regarding kids. Just spoken to my older sister and she was also under the impression he was not married. Another mystery to solve.

Just noticed the 1911 also has a daughter Sarah Jane Hague born 1909.