Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lavinia Hudson b 1884 marraige

The above person was born in 1884 parents John Henry Hudson and Kezia Littlewood and I am unable to find her on the 1911 census so presumed she married but not found this either. It is not the marriage that took place in 1910 to a William Husler as her age is wrong,

Can anyone help me try and find her please wether it be marriage death or even if she travelled abroad.

Thanks in advance

John

Re: Lavinia Hudson b 1884 marraige

Someone has a tree on ancestry with Lavinia marrying Wm Geo Husler. In 1928 he is a passenger returning to England and gives address as 133 West Bar, Sheffield.
You say she is the wrong age - could it be that it is recorded incorrectly.

Thanks for your reply. Even though on the marraige you mention the father is the same, the mother isn't. There is a Lavinia Hudson born in 1890 with the mother's maiden name Rodgers.

I also know that on my tree John Henry Hudson died in 1905 a Kezia remarried in 1912 I think. i am sure she is somewhere.

Hi, Lavinia is recorded on here as

HUDSON, Lavinia (of 79 Boden Street, born ~).
Baptised March 11, 1884, by Wm Odom at St Simon, Sheffield Centre.
Parents name(s) are Kezia & John Henry (Grinder).

There is also another Lavinia born 1897 with different parents which could cause some confusion later.
Good hunting Barry Green

Lavinia ('Lavina') HUSLER is in the burials on this site, buried with her parents at Abbey Lane. Age works out at c1890 confirming other records (eg passenger lists). So as stated not the daughter of Kezia and John Henry.

Hugh

Possible find of the marriage to a Charles Kent in 1903 spelt Leveneear the marriage is on FMP but could someone comefirm what her father was doing please some sort of grinder.
I am sure this is correct as one of the witnesses was Ernest Littlewood and Littlewood was the maiden name of her mother.

Hi John,

Looks like 'palette blade grinder'.

Moira.

Thanks Moira. Now all I need to do is try to find them on the 1911 census. The burials are on this site Charles died 1948 and Lavinia died 1935