Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost Relation

Hi I hope someone can help. I'm looking for the Baptism of Lillian Dawson. Born April 1911. in the Wicker Area of Sheffield. All her parents and siblings were baptised. Thanks Dave W

Re: Lost Relation

Dave,

Would that be the Lilian Dawson, born 1 April 1911, baptised 16 April 1911 daughter of Harry Dawkin(?) Dawson and Lily Dawson of 24 Johnson Street, father's profession steel melter?

Cheers,

Andrew P.

Hi thank you for your message. This is the correct information which I have been unable to find, can you please tell me where you were able to find this and where she was baptised. Thanks Dave W

Hi Dave,

Note the one L in Lilian.

DAWSON, LILIAN CAMBELL
GRO Reference: 1911 J Quarter in SHEFFIELD Volume 09C Page 636

One would expect the church to be Holy Trinity the Wicker. It's not.

Sheffield Parish Church is the place of her baptism

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thanks I thought the Wicker. You should have her on your family tree as she married a Woodhouse (George Henry Woodhouse 1909-1961) Thanks Again David Woodhouse

Hi still trying how to get the information from the GRO. Could someone look up Jean Woodhouse 1932 Sheffield. it's the baptism I'm looking for Thanks Dave

Morning David,

I do have George Henry Woodhouse a half 3rd cousin 3x removed BUT I dont have that he is married to Lilian. (Sorry wrong dates)

I will email you privately.

Elaine in Ottawa.

PS I have another cousin for you as well. She is more of a direct line than I am.

Instant Messenger: Skype