Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
William Henry Selby, born 1893/4

I am trying to find the death certificate of my uncle William Henry Selby, who died at Crimicar Hospital in 1916 aged 22. I would also like to know if he was married and had any children.

Re: William Henry Selby, born 1893/4

Hi Ann, The death is recorded on this site:SELBY, William Henry (Steel Turner, age 22).
Died at Crimicar Lane Hosp'l; Buried on December 16, 1916 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 96, Section F2 of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield. The death certificate can be obtained from the Gro Ref: volume 9c page 436 district Ecclesall Bierlow. Regards Barry

Re: William Henry Selby, born 1893/4

Ann,

There's a couple of notices in the local press: a death notice in the Sheffield Evening Telegraph of Friday 15 December 1916 which says that he died "after a long illness". Interment at Burngreave Saturday 1.30 (Barry E. White found all of the details of that). Crimicar lane was associated with lung diseases wasn't it?

There was also an "In Memoriam" a year later (Sheffield Evening Telegraph - Monday 31 December 1917) from his "loving father" and "little brother Fred" ("Till the day breaks and the shadows flee away"). No mention of any widow or children in that notice.

Cheers,

Andrew