Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT NEE FRANCE

Has anyone got a record of Ann Maria Wheatcroft's death.
Ann Maria was born Jan - Mar - 1838 in Ecclesall her parents were Jude France & Ann Mellor Nee Stork, She married Joseph Wheatcroft o6 - 07 - 1863 in Ecclesall.
In 1881 she was living at 250 Rockingham Street Ecclesall, by 1891 Joseph was a widower.
Hoping you can help.
My very best wishes for the New Year.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT NEE FRANCE

Hi Fred,

The obvious place to look is either FreeBMD or the GRO Index.

You have a 10 year search field that should bring her up.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Fred,

Didn't we have a look at this before?

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Elaine,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply.
I have searched Ancestry, Find my Past Free BMD & Genes reunited all on a ten year gap but still no results. she just seems to have disappeared and she is not mentioned in the Ecclesall death records as both Ann Marie and her husband were living at 250 Rockingham Road in 1881 I have assumed that she died in between 1881 - 1891 in Ecclesall.
My very best wishes for the New Year.
Fred Wheatcroft.

where was Joseph living in 1891 please and when did he die? Could she have died in another part of the country? when did Ann's parents die and where?

I can’t answer Fred W’s question about Ann Maria France / Wheatcroft, but I can find more questions!

There’s plenty of loose ends and conflicting information from what I could see in FMP / old newspapers.

1860 Ann Maria France (daughter of Jude France, collier) married John Rodgers, 24, Cutler, on 2 December.

1861 Ann Maria Rodgers is at 13, Earl Lane, Sheffield with John Rodgers in the census.

1863 registered in Q3: Joseph Wheatcroft married either Sarah Undy or Ann Maria France.

1863 A Joseph Wheatcroft of Heeley was convicted of assaulting a young woman in West St. (Sheffield Independent 21 November 1863 and Sheffield Daily Telegraph 17 November 1863). 4 months in the slammer. Could have been a different Joseph Wheatcroft.

1865 A Joseph Wheatcroft, table Blade Forger, Heeley, places a notice in the Sheffield Daily Telegraph of Wednesday 02 August 1865 disclaiming all responsibility for any subsequent debts incurred by his wife, Ann Wheatcroft.

1871 the census shows Joseph Wheatcroft, table blade forger, 35, born in Heeley and Ann Maria Wheatcroft, ?? Buffer, 32, born in Ecclesall, living in Well St.

1879 in Q3 Ann Maria Rodgers married one of: Samuel Beal, Robert Bradley, or Henry Jepson

1881 the census shows Joseph Wheatcroft, Lodger, Married, 45, Blade Forger (Table Knife) born Sheffield with Ann Wheatcroft, Lodgers Wife, Married, 42, born Sheffield living at 250 Rockingham Street.

1891: A Joseph Wheatcroft shows up in the 1891 census at 29 Landsdowne Road. Hannah Allen, head, widow, 61, born in Snaith, James Ogden, son-in-law, widower, 38, file cutter, born in Sheffield, George Ogden, son, 11, born in Sheffield, Joseph Wheatcroft, father-in-law, widower, 58, blade forger (table), born in Sheffield, and three lodgers.

- Little George Ogden was the son of James Ogden and Alice née Allen who died aged 24 in 1879.

- Hannah Allen was born Hannah Lazenby and married a George Allen in Sheffield in 1854.

It makes sense apart from Joseph Wheatcroft being recorded as “father in law”.

Cheers,

Andrew P.

Hi Fred

1879 in Q3 Ann Maria Rodgers married one of: Samuel Beal, Robert Bradley, or Henry Jepson
as found by Andrew. Shes actually a 19 year old spinster (b 1860) who marries a Robert Bradley. So you can discount her from your search.

Denise