Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
... and it’s goodbye from me

Hello everyone

I am moving on to focus my attention on other things so my involvement with Sheffield Indexers and being Project Co-ordinator has come to an end.

After transcribing for Free BMD, I joined Sheffield Indexers many moons ago helping with the 1841 Census. Various projects followed over the years such as Trade Directories, Burgess Rolls, Cemeteries, School Admission Records and many Parish Church Birth, Marriage and Burial records. I have met some wonderful people along the way and together we have deciphered what seems to have been some of the worse hand writing in the world !!

Since 1st January 2020 I have uploaded an amazing 123,000+ new records to the site and would like to say thank you to each and every transcriber and checker for their exceptionally hard work and commitment over this period, which has been a very challenging and difficult time in many different ways for us all.

I do not know who is going to be the new Project Co-ordinator but I wish them well and ask that you support their efforts in the same way as you have always supported mine.

So it’s goodbye from me and please all stay safe

Vicki

Re: ... and it’s goodbye from me

Having done a little transcribing here I know what a wonderful job you do and have done for years to help with this fantastic site, a big thank you and good luck from me.

Good Luck Vicki

You will be missed by everyone at Sheffield Indexers Vicki. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the site
With all good wishes for the future
x

Thank you, and good luck.

Hi Vicki

Sad day and you will be missed by everyone. The number of records for 2020 alone is amazing
I cant begin to imagine what the total must be over the years!!

As both a Transcriber and a Checker I thank you for your support and guidance over the last few years and your hard work 'behind the scenes' keeping us all organised:smiley:

I'm sure everyone who uses and has ever used this site is truely grateful for your own personal dedication, passion and commitment in ensuring all those records were available for us all to enjoy using. And for making this site the invaluable resource it is today!

Thank you and good luck with whatever you move on to next!:clap: :clap: :relaxed:

Denise

Many thanks Vicki for all your hard work and good luck with whatever you do. A big thank you to all the transcribers too.
Lyn

Hello Vicki
The Friends of Burngreave Cemetery wish you all the best for the future and thank you for your help and patience when we were new transcribers.
Stay safe, Christine, Steve, Ken, Peter and Dave

Hi Vicki,

A really big thank you for all your hard work over the years, and good luck for the future.
My grandma always used to say “It’s never goodbye, it’s just au revoir”
Keep in touch.

Heths xx

Hi Vicki,
Permit me to add my two cents worth of praise to all the many accolades that are pouring in to this most excellent website of which you, along with Elaine, are the founding members.

It is always a sad occasion when a Titan retires but also a happy one knowing that they will receive a well earned rest and at some point, be ready to take on any new challenges if they so desire. Speaking as a retiree, it is a great place to be.

The projects yourself and Elaine started many years ago, will be carried on by others and through them, your legacy will live on.

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE, VICKI, ALL THE BEST.

Wendy in Guelph.:sleuth_or_spy:

Good luck Vicki and take care
Brenda

Wishing you all the best for what the future brings for you Vicki. I enjoyed my time as a transcriber & checker with your guidance all the way. I am sure whoever takes over will be just as great.

Take Care & Good Luck
Claire

Good luck in whatever you are doing in the future. You have done a wonderful job, as all the transcriber have and I'm sure many people have benefitted from all the records you have made available. Best wishes for the future. Anne

Dear Vicki,

What an absolutely amazing amount of work you have done over the years so a huge thank you for all your efforts on behalf of the Sheffield Indexers. I don't know about starting something new, it sounds like you should have a well earned rest!
Thanks also to all the transcribers and checkers for their hard work.

All good wishes for the future.

Margaret

Dear Vicki
That's an amazing amount of records uploaded to the site.
Thank you for your help, whenever I've need it with transcribing.
Sheffield Indexers is an amazing site and has helped me so much to find my father's ancestors. I wish there were more sites like this for my mother's ancestral regions.

We are sorry to lose you and will all miss you.
I wish you well in your new endeavours or if you are just relaxing and putting your feet up - you've certainly earned it.

Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas and Happy New Year

Maureen

My belated thanks and good wishes to you Vicki on your 'retirement' from the wonderful work you have done for all the people researching on the Sheffield Indexers. You were very patient with me as a novice transcriber and checker, and I was sorry to have to give up earlier this year. I have learned so much about my husband's family tree from this website and shall always be grateful to all who have contributed to this site.

My very best wishes to Elaine and whoever steps into Vicki's shoes, and, of course, to the great team of transcribers and checkers.

Hi Vicki
Wanted to say thank you for all your encouragement and patience over the past year or so that I've been involved in transcribing.

Hope all goes well with your new venture.
Best wishes
Diane

I’m so sorry you are leaving Vicki, I feel as if I’m losing an old friend! You have always been very helpful and considerate when I’ve been doing my own family research in addition to help with the transcribing. I loved the electronic birthday greeting you sent me last year too. Currently the handwriting on Sheffield Parish Church marriages is the worst I have ever encountered, it’s not just help we need with it, more likely divine intervention or a crystal ball 😁 Good luck in whatever you are doing next and take care of yourself.

Thank you all for your lovely comments which I really appreciate and also for the many personal emails I have
received from transcribers.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and more settled 2021.

Vicki
:santa:

Dear Vicki

Without you and people like you, we genealogists would not be able to do what we do. This site encouraged me to take up genealogy, as it made it seem so easy, with all the records on here at our fingertips. I found out later that it can be harder and more frustrating at times, but I got the bug from this site, which is unique as far as I know for its type and spread of free information in a region. And all created by generous selfless people like you, tirelessly working away for hours for others' benefit. The research and information are gifts that just keep on giving for generations to come.

My tree, built from research from this site, before Liverpool BMDs were generally available, which is where they came from, helped me to contact about 500 of my family spread around the world originating from Sheffield, and Liverpool before that.

So thank you from the bottom of our hearts, all 500 of us.

Ann