Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebenezer place

Hi, I'm looking for information/pics/map about Ebenezer place. My Grandma, Kath Phillips grew up around that area in the 1920's/30's, so I'm looking for that era. I'd love to add a bit about her home of the time to her profile I have on the family tree. I know it is Shalesmoor & now Cornwall works. Thanks.

Re: Ebenezer place

Try.

https://picturesheffield.com/

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi, I've already been on Picture Sheffield (should have mentioned - sorry), I can't find the era I'm after. Thanks for your help anyway.

Hi Sarah, if you go onto Google maps and enter directions from Midland Railway StationSheffield to Ebenezer Place it will show you where it is. Hope this helps. Regards Barry Green

Hi Sarah I forgot to mention if you click on the picture of the building it shows you what it looks like today. Barry

I remember a number of years ago (20yrs?) I visited Ebenezer Place.

There was an old Chapel there but it looked to be well maintained. So in use.

The area around it was very run down and may have even been demolished now.

Just Checked my trusted book on churches & Chapels and yes Ebenezer Chapel, Ebenezer Square, Shalesmoor. Their Registers, marriages 1903-1950 will be held at Sheffield Archives.

Try the name of the Chapel on Picture Sheffield and see if that gives you an idea of the area.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Sheffield Independent, 4 May 1935.
City of Sheffield
Housing Acts 1925 and 1930
Green Lane and Ebenezer Place
Clearance order (No 69) 1934.
Schedule reffered to
Court 2 Ebenezer Place and dwelling houses No's 14-28 (even) Ebenezer Place.

Moira.

Thankyou, Elaine, Moira & Barry. I'll have a look.