Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charles Ibbotson

Charles Ibbotson born abt 1760 is on the St Nicholas burial records having died 1847 aged 87 at Jagstones/Haggstones. He seems to be living by himself on the 1841 at Haggstone. Does anyone have any info on him?

Re: Charles Ibbotson

David,
A search for Charles Ibbotson on Bradfield Archives gives 42 answers. They are not necessarily all the same one but a quick skim indicates that several are definitely yours. Age is right and address of Tagstones aka Hagstones.
You just need to browse them all.
Dave

Hi Dave

Many thanks. Just trying to find were he links into my family, which I assume he does?

Charles Ibotson baptised September 1759 Bradfield St Nicholas son of John of Coldwell.
Some of those docs in Bradfield Archives refer to Cold well
Dave

Thats very interesting my 3rd GGF was John Ibbotson 1765 from Coldwell, so Charles is possibly his brother?

David,

Look at our Parish Registers and enter *Ibotson*

Where we have problems are the number of John Ibbotson/Ibotson/Ibberson etc

When Malcolm and I transcribed the registers there were lines badly faded and in a few cases the whole page was unreadable. I was working from a fiche which I also believe Malcolm was as well. The actual register maybe clearer. Family Search maybe able to help.

That would have to wait for a personal visit by you to the Archives.

Prior to 1723 there is the on line books the we have linked to at the bottom of our Parish Records page.

Must admit the site DaveT has suggested I find a little daunting but maybe he could help you more DaveI

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Elaine

Thanks for the *Ibotson* hint. Will go through the Taggstone's and see if I can link them. Got plenty off time now going back into lockdown!!!!