Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MAVIS BURGWIN

Has anyone found a birth record for a Mavis Burwin, she was the wife of Terrence Higgs married Oct - Dec - 1969 in Barnsley Vol 2b Page 44. Mavis died 22 - 06 - 2004 age 72 in Doncaster Reg C53D 042/1C 152, This record gives her birth date as 01 - 11 - 1931, I have searched both Acestry.com & Find My Past. with no luck.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: MAVIS BURGWIN

Hi Fred, Mavis Newsome married John Burgwin 3q 1962 Barnsley perhaps John died or they got divorced.

Hi Fred, Was Lisa Higgs born 1972 Barnsley mother Newsome one of their children? And Tracy 1970 Barnsley mother Newsome?

Hi Fred

Are you sure you have the right death for Mavis Higgs (nee Newsome)?

There are 2 :

Mavis Higgs died 2004 Doncaster, Born 1931

Mavis Higgs died 2005 Barnsley, Born 2 Jan 1944

I cant find a corresponding birth record for a Mavis Newsome in 1931.

But there is a birth record for Mavis Newsome in 1944 in Staincross, Barnsley. This would mean she would be about 18 when she married John Burgwin in 1962 in Barnsley.

Given that Barnsley seems to be where Mavis Newsome/Burgwin/Higgs married twice and lived I'm wondering if the Barnsley death is the one you're looking for?

Denise

Hi Barry,
Thank you very much for both your replies,
I still have not found a birth record for Mavis Burwin Or Newsom which matches her death record giving her birth as 01 - 11 - 2004 named as Mavis Higgs.
I have found a birth record for a Mavis Newsome Born Jan - Mar - 1944 in Staincross Vol 9c Page 438 also her marriage record to John Burgwin Jul - Sep - 1962 in Barnsley Vol 2b Page 9 and her her death record named as Mavis Burgwin July 2005 giving her birth date as 02 - 01 - 1944.
I will have to keep on searching for her birth record or send for a copy marriage certificate at least that will give her fathers name.
My very Best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Denise Lindley
Hi Fred

Are you sure you have the right death for Mavis Higgs (nee Newsome)?

There are 2 :

Mavis Higgs died 2004 Doncaster, Born 1931

Mavis Higgs died 2005 Barnsley, Born 2 Jan 1944

I cant find a corresponding birth record for a Mavis Newsome in 1931.

But there is a birth record for Mavis Newsome in 1944 in Staincross, Barnsley. This would mean she would be about 18 when she married John Burgwin in 1962 in Barnsley.

Given that Barnsley seems to be where Mavis Newsome/Burgwin/Higgs married twice and lived I'm wondering if the Barnsley death is the one you're looking for?

Denise

Hi Denise.
Thank you very much for your very kind reply,
Yes I have got the correct death record as her name is given as Mavis Higgs the other death record is for a Mavis Burgwin this would match up with her husband John Burgwin who was still living at 22 Westgate Monk Bretton 2003 - 2007. I will have to send for a copy marriage certificate at least this will give her fathers name.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Fred, Mavis Newsome born 1q 1944 Staincross mother Moorhouse.