Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deborah Ollerenshaw and possible siblings

I have found the baptisim for my 3xgreat grandmother, Deborah and her sister Elizabeth at St Nicholas, Bradfield in and 1813 and 1816 respectively. This is a long shot but did their parents Samuel Ollerenshaw and Elizabeth Hague have any further children?

Re: Deborah Ollerenshaw and possible siblings

Hi Cathie,

Elizabeth wife of Samuel Ollerenshaw of Dungworth, aged 27yrs, buried
15 February 1818, St Nicholas, Bradfield.

I could not find another baptism after Elizabeth born 1816.

Moira.

There is a marriage for Samuel Ollerenshaw "widower" 1822 to Harriet Machin on this site, did he have more children with Harriet?

I have Samuel Ollerenshaw & Elizabeth Hague in my tree.

Hi David and Moria,
Thank you for the information about Elizabeth Hagues death. If my tree is correct, Deborah married Henry Fairest and they had a daughter called Elizabeth who married my great grandfather, William Gosling. This Elizabeth was not my great grandmother, as William appears to have had a sexual relationship with the servant , Dora Helliwell. She had three children, Walter Woods, who died in infancy, Alice Hannah, who was a spinster and my grandmother Kate. When Kate married my grandfather, John William Baldwin, William Gosling is named as the brides father. The person that came up as an elder sibling for Deborah and Elizabeth on another sight may be completely wrong then.

Cathie

I have the same tree details. Henry Fairest was my 3rd great uncle.

Hi David,
Thanks very much for that information.