Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hannah Hague

I am looking for an address for Hannah Hague b 1795 in Dore Sheffield,I believe she had a son with Ralph Harrison b 1814 ,in the parish records it states Hannah was a single woman,I believe that Ralph jnr was illegitimate as he is named as Ralph Hague/Harrison,Ralph senior is in my tree so it is rather confusing as I thought he didnt arrive in Sheffield till 1822 now he is here in 1814 ,on the parish records Ralph was baptised at Dronfeld Chapel of Dore .Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Chris

Re: Hannah Hague

Hi Chris, The 1851 census. Household
Role
Sex
Ralph Hague
Head
Male
Dore, Derbyshire
Hannah Hague
Wife
Female
Grasshill, Derbyshire
Edwin Hague
Son
Male
Sheffield, Yorkshire
George Hague
Son
Male
Sheffield, Yorkshire
Mary Hague
Daughter
Female
Sheffield, Yorkshire
Elizabeth Hague
Daughter
Female
Sheffield, Yorkshire
Henry Hague
Son
Male
Sheffield, Yorkshire
Emma Hague
Daughter
Female
Sheffield, Yorkshire
The christening on 23 October 1814 shows father as Ralph Hanison? regards Barry

Hi Barry
Thank you so much for your reply,I think this is the son of Ralph Harrison, as his wife was also called Hannah (Hancock) as Hannah Hague b1795 that would make her in her 80s
I am wondering if they lived at his mothers house she d 1867 I cant seem to find her in any of the census I dont think she married but i am probably wrong .
THANK YOU
Very best regards
Chris

Hi Chris

Can you just clarify please;

- Hannah Hague didnt marry Ralph Harrison after having Ralph junior?

- You say she died in 1867 - presumably she died Hannah Hague which is why you think she never
married?

- if you know when she died have you found a burial for her?

Her death certificate would possibly give you her last address (if she died at home).

Denise

Hi Denise
Sorry its taken so long to get back to you
Regarding Hannah she didnt marry Ralph snr but she did get married later on, I have been in touch with a cousin who has researched his family that joins in with Ralph snr and what he has sent me is absoloutly brilliant,now my search for where Ralph was living before Bole Hill goes on ,Thank you and thanks to everyone on the indexers who have helped its much appreciated

Chris