Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ROY WALTON

I have found two marriage records for a Roy Walton the son of Ernest Walton & Florence Padgett he was born Jan - Mar 1931 in Barnsley Vol 9C Page 423. the First marriage 1967 to Jacqueline Smith Jan - Mar - 1967 Vol 2d Page 1084 the second marriage to Pauline Postill Vol 2d Page 1224
both marriage's took place in Staincross. Does anyone know which is the correct marriage for the Roy Walton I am looking for. also can any one tell me why some record's name Silkstone as Silkstone with Stainborough ?.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ROY WALTON

Hi Fred

Cant help with the marriages I'm afraid but , Silkstone with Stainborough (All Saints) is the name of the Parish, that Silkstone village is in.

So it will probably depend on the type of record as to which gets used!

Denise

If you're aware of any of the names of children they maybe had, do a GRO lookup for the birth and it will give mothers maiden name, i'm sure you knew this already :)

Without a parish record, I cant see anything on Ancestry, FMP or FS.org - I think you may end up having to request a marriage cert to prove either way, as it will give fathers name on it.

Hi Fred et al,

Looks like it was Pauline Postill. Check out 192.com, Roy, Pauline and son Lee Richard are together in 2002 in Barnsley. Pauline is recorded still there in 2020.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy: