Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wisewood Cem - Online images

Hi,
Are these available anywhere?
Doesn't need to be indexed, happy to flick through.
I know some/most of it is indexed here, but I like to add the images to my tree for completion 🤷‍♂️
Not being local to Sheffield or Yorkshire for that matter, proves somewhat difficult to get in to see anything in person.. and with COVID obviously causing further complications!

Thanks in advance

Re: Wisewood Cem - Online images

Hi Chris,

Basically you have three choices for Sheffield.

Sheffield Archives (where ALL records should have been deposited). They along with S&DFHS gave permission to FindMyPast to film the originals.

S&DFHS. Their transcription can be downloaded from GENFAIR.

AND our transcriptions which are on our site.

Back in 2000 when our site was still in the planning stage there was very little on line
for Sheffield and the reason our site was conceived. Long before Ancestry had Sheffield material on line.

Being in Canada myself I completely understand the frustration of not being able to visit the Archives as I would have wished.

We still continue to transcribe and hope until you have a chance to visit or a membership in FMP we can fill the gap.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

PS

Should have added Family Search to the list.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Forgive me, I'm probably being blind, but I cant find anything relating to Wisewood Cemetery on Genfair or FMP 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Guess a trip to Sheffield is in order, at least I'm in the UK - fair play to you doing all this from Canada!!

After a bit of digging managed to locate them on FS.org
Them things are buried deep.. excuse the poor pun

Hope this is ok to link?
For anyone else interested here's the URL:
https://www.familysearch.org/records/images/image-details?creator=Wisewood%20Cemetery%20(Sheffield,%20Yorkshire)&rmsId=M99P-SMF&imageIndex=0&singleView=true

1933-1966

Hi Chris,

We will excuse the pun......LOL

That was a really good find for you and I hope you have what you are looking for.

Its the more recent and yes 1933 etc is still recent, that is hard to find material without going to the Archives.

Take care.

Elaine in Ottawa.