Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANNIE PEACH

Looking for Annie Peach she was the wife of Charles Walter Padgett they married Apr - Jun - 1938 in Barnsley Vol 9c Page 745 I have searched for her but I am spoilt for choice too many Annie Peaches.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ANNIE PEACH

Hi Fred,

From FreeBMD

Between 1910 & 1920 There are two Annie Peaches born in Barnsley.

Births Jun 1912
Peach Annie Simmons Barnsley 9c 483
Births Dec 1915
Peach Annie Parker Barnsley 9c 360

Do you have possible ages for this couple??

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Fred,
There were 2 annie peach who married in Barnsley in Q2 1938. The one who married William Cope is on the 1939 register in Cudworth and her birthday was 17 Oct 1915. Therefore you can eliminate the one born 1915 q4 that Elaine found.
Dave

Hi Fred,

I tried to find this couple in the 1939 register.
The closest that I could find was a Charles W Padgett who was born in 1908.
He was a colliery hewer living at 25 Wath Rd, Brampton near Rotherham and he was listed as married.
Is that the right Charles?
With him was an Annie Padgett (transcribed as Aime) also married.
Her DOB was 6 March and FMP have transcribed the year as 1862 but I think it’s 1912 with some sort of ink smudge making the 12 look like 62.

Heths

Hi Heather,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply, I did find the 1939 census for Charles W. Padgett
and (Aime) but her given birth date 06 - 03 - 1862 making her 46 years older than Charles, threw me of the track, Then found what I thought could be her parents which are Harry Peach and and Simmons married Oct - Dec - 1862 and then I found Annie's birth record Oct - Dec - 1911 in Barnsley Vol 9c Page 506. now I will try and find out if they had any children.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Fred,

I think the birth record would be the one which Elaine found, Jun 1912 ?
That fits better with the DOB 6-Mar 1912, than the Q4 1911 record which you mention.

Heths