Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ernest Bower and Annie Green

Hi.I'm trying to find birth and hence father Of Ernest Bower.The only information I have is he married Annie Green Jun Qtr 1938 Sheffield.He served in WW2 and returned about 1945.
There's no marriage recorded on this site and I cant believe how many Ernest Bower's there are in Sheffield.Most of them seemed to marry an Annie !!!
There is a Birth in 1919 which might fit.Would I have to risk getting this certificate and if so does anyone know if you can still get a PDF certificate and how to do this.I tried for someone else recently but couldn't find it on the ONS site.
Many Thanks
Audrey

Re: Ernest Bower and Annie Green

Hi Audrey,

FMP has an Audrey Bower born 1940 with MMN Green.
The baptism for her on this site gives an address of Back 73 Ecclesall Road.
Assuming that Ernest and Annie are the couple living at 79 Ecclesall Rd in 1939, then his DOB was 11 Feb 1918.

Heths.

Hi Audrey,

Heths beat me to it with her info. On the 1939 register, apart from Ernest and
Annie at back 79 Ecclesall Road, there is also one closed record presumably a child. There is a birth registration DecQ 1938 for Shirley Bower mmn Green, Sheffield.

Moira.

Gro has pdfs available for all birth registrations up to and including q4 1919.
Dave

Hi Audrey,

Ernest Bower born 11 Feb 1918,bap 25 Feb 1918 at St Matthew, Carver St, Sheffield.
Parents are William and Annie of 11ct 4h Trafalgar St, Razor forger.

Moira.

Hi Audry, Wiliam Bower Married Annie Richardson 4q 1894 Sheffield.

Hi Everyone
Thank you so much.This is the correct Family and its taken me up a few generations.Dave I still cant find how to order the PDF version of the certificates.Do you have to fill all the details in first and then it gives the option of a full certificate or PDF version?
Thanks again for everyone's help
Regards
Audrey

Audrey
You fill in nothing.
First go into gro and select search the Gro index
Select birth and the year you want
Now put in Surname and first name.
CLICK SEARCH AND YOU GET A LIST OF ANSWERS.
Just select the correct one from the list and it will give you a choice which includes pdf
Click on pdf and then you can complete the order and pay.
Dave