Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EDWARD ALLEN RYMER

Does anyone know what happened to Edward Allen Rymer , He was born Apr -Jun - 1890 in Silkstone
Vol 9c Page 247 and married Martha Paget Oct - Dec - 1915 in Penistone Vol 9c Page 613. in 1911 they were living at Hillside Silkstone I have not found a 1939 Census record for them. Martha died Oct - Dec - 1962 age 67 in Rydale I have not found a Death record for Edward our any records of any children. I have found a death record for a Edward a. Rymer Jul - Sep - 1944 age 54 in Chelsea London but this Edward was married to Emma Bennet also found a Marriage record for Edward A. Rymer to Emma Grimbley 23 - 09 - 1918 in Silkstone.
My Very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft

Re: EDWARD ALLEN RYMER

The 1918 marriage to Emma Grimbley - shows Edward Allen Rymer as widower. I will send you a copy via email.

I think you have the correct Edward dying in London. He is on the 1939 census with wife Emma - she then marries again in 1950 to a Barrett - this is noted on the 39 register.

There is a burial for a Martha Rhymer, 31st October 1916 at Silkstone with Stainborough All Saints. She was 20 years old.

Hi Susan,
Thank you very much for both your replies. I have sent for copy certificates for both of the marriages you mentioned at least this will give me the names of both the brides fathers.
My Very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Anne,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply.
The Martha Rymer in my family tree died Oct - Dec - 1962 age 67 in Rydale Vol 1b Page 837.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

For the Edward A Rymer who died in London in 1944, death registered in Q3 1944, the Fulham Chronicle of Friday 14 July 1944 says that Edward Rymer, 54, of Murray Grove, Shoreditch, was killed by being hit on the head by a brick dropped off the top of a building.

He was working on the demolition of a building in Thurloe Court, South Kensington. He was anxious to get home to see his wife, Emma, which is why he left early, while the other blokes were still chucking bricks off the top floor.

Cheers,

Andrew P.

Anne
There is a burial for a Martha Rhymer, 31st October 1916 at Silkstone with Stainborough All Saints. She was 20 years old.
Hi Fred

Edward and Martha lived in Silkstone.
Edward then married Emma Grimbley in Silkstone in 1918 (and he was a Widower on the Marriage cert)

Looking at that information the Martha Rhymer Anne found buried in Silkstone in 1916 aged 20 looks likely to be your Martha (Edwards 1st wife),rather than the Martha who died in Ryedale in 1962?

That would also explain there being no children if she died a year after marrying Edward.

Denise