Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EDGAR GARNETT

I am looking for the death record of Edgar Garnett Born 17 - 11 - 1914 Oct - Dec - 1914 in Penistone Vol 9c Page 668 and married Gertrude Cropper Jan - Mar - 1936 in Barnsley Vol 9c Page 287, I have found a death record for E. Garnett 30 - 04 - 1945 he was a prisoner of war in Germany at the time of his death. this E. Garnett was a Pte in the Green Howards service number 4396792 could this be the one I am looking for. I have found a death record for a E. Garnett Born 24 - 02 - 1914 and died September 1997 in Bradford but this does not match the Edgar I am looking for.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: EDGAR GARNETT

Do you have any further information - I think there maybe 2 children born to Edgar and Gertrude so they could help you.

Fred, have you looked for him on CWGC?
Dave

Hi Dave ,
I have searched the CWGC although there are 10 Garnett's listed none of them match the Edgar Garnett I am looking for. I do know that his wife Gertrude nee Cropper died August 1995 in Barnsley age 79 they have to children Brenda & Barry I am still looking for them.
my Very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Susan,
Yes Edgar & Gertrude did have two children Brenda & Barry I am still searing them out.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcoft.

Hi Fred et al,
Have you tried searching the Green Howards Museum in Richmond, their website offers an online search form for family members and has a lot of other info that may be of interest to you.

It looks as though Edgar and Gertrude's daughter, Brenda, married in 1960 and went on to have a couple of children. Brenda and her son can also be found on 192.com website.

HAPPY HUNTING :sleuth_or_spy: