Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Locating newspaper reports

I am searching for newspaper reports about the suspicious death of my grandad I have the coroners report ,but again it has come through family members that his death was suspicious and it made headlines in the Sheffield Star ,I have searched through the British Newspaper archives but cannot find anything ,is there anywhere else I could look ?
Thank you
Christine

Re: Locating newspaper reports

Hi, You could try "the star.co.uk" at the bottom of their site is contact us. They may be able to help.
Good luck Barry Green

Thank you Barry
I will give it a go
Regards
Christine

I don't live in Sheffield now but the Reference Library has a very full set of Sheffield Newspapers (on microfilm I think) so as you know roughly what date to look for you may find what you want. Might have to wait until Libraries open fully though !!!

Thanks for your reply John
The way things are at the moment we are staying very close to home ,so until as you say the library is open I keep hitting these brick walls aagghh!

Very best regards
Christine

Christine, Before you go any further, I suggest you read this thread on the Sheffield Forum

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/4993-where-can-i-find-archived-sheffield-star-newspapers/

Dave

Thank you Dave will do
Regards
Christine