Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hob Lane Farm Oughtibridge

Does anyone have any info on Hob Lane Farm. It was owned by Joseph Mettam Ibbotson up until his death in 1969 and then his wife Violet. Prior that his parents Joe Morton Ibbotson & Lavinia Ibbotson. His wife Violet Ada (Fisher) who died 2003 Oklahoma was taken there by the Fisher family very late in life becouse she had dementia. I am being told by the family that there had been a court case regarding the selling of the farm before she left for America.

Regards
David

Re: Hob Lane Farm Oughtibridge

Hi David,

On FMP, the newspapers only go up to 1955 for the Sheffield area, so no help there.
Do you have a copy of Violets will? It might give you an insight into what all the
trouble was about.
Copy wills are not expensive. If you go to 'GOV.UK Find a will' you can see the
details for Violet, it was registered at Leeds.

Moira.

Hob Lane Farm

Hi Moira

I have ordered Violets will. Hopefully it may give some info

David

Hob Lane Farm

Joseph & Violet are shown on the 1939 at Hob Lane. Who were there neighbours?

Re: Hob Lane Farm

Hi David,

The entry before is Tinker Hill, occupants are Harriett Goddard and Hannah Sisson, both
of Private means.
The entry after is Spout House, occupants are the Standidge family.
Edward an electric power builder, Julious a crane driver and Alice dom. duties.

You could check on Google maps for Tinker Hill and find how close it is to
Hob Lane.

Moira.

Re: Hob Lane Farm

Just 2 thoughts/points
Hob Lane Farm could the land have been used for housing. I cannot find Hob lane Farm on Google though that doesn't mean it no longer exists
Secondly according to a Rootsweb entry on Google Violet May was living outside Warner Oklahoma with Norah and Julius Loosen. Julius was one of the people at the Standige house. Probably nothing in it but.......