Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Enoch Jones - Drowning September 1900

I'm trying to find information on Enoch Jones, my Great Grandfather who I'm told drowned on 24th September 1900 in Sheffield. I cannot find any information on how he drowned, is anyone able to advise please how I can find this information.

Through facebook I have found out he is buried in Tinsley Park Cemetry.

The grave number at Tinsley Park is XA27 in the non confomist section.
24 Sep 1900 Enoch Jones aged 27 Labourer of 5ct 2 hse Trent St.

Other burials in this grave are: 14 August 1917 William JONES aged 74 Labourer of 1-4 Trent Street. 9 March 1928 Mary Ann Jones aged 85 of 1-4 Trent Street.

Thank you in advance

Re: Enoch Jones - Drowning September 1900

Linda
There should be information on his death certificate. You can buy that online in pdf format at the General Registry Office (GRO) for £7. It takes about 2 weeks from ordering.
Dave

Lynda

After giving you the information about the grave, I checked the British Newspaper Archive and there is no report coming up.

Angela

Thank you Dave. I'll request a copy.

Thank you for your help Angela. I think I'll request a copy of his death certificate.

Hi Dave
I noticed in this post that a PDF version of some certificates are available.Are they still issuing them .Ive searched the usual government site but can only see the original copy certificates.
Thank you
Audrey

Audrey, go into gro index and search for it. Click on it and it offers you 3 types to order. One is pdf
Dave