Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlotte Fathin

I am struggling to find a person named Charlotte Fathin. She married a Robert Stringer (although I can't verify this). They had a daughter, Annie Whiting Stringer (born 1842) and the mmn appears to be Fathin. I found the baptism record and mother first name is Charlotte, but I cannot find a trace of Charlotte's origin. Any help appreciated. I also found a 1841 census with Charlotte and Robert Stringer, and their other children. Robert 1840 in Boston has a mmn of Faulkner.

Re: Charlotte Fathin

Hi Sarah,

The closest I can get to the right Charlotte is a baptism on the Family Search site.

Charlotte Falkinder, bap 24 May 1812, East Kirkby, Lincolnshire.
Parents: Jno. and Mary Walker.

On the 51, 71 and 81 census Charlotte always put her place of birth as East Kirkby.
Children Elizabeth 1832 and William 1833, were baptised at East Kirkby.

Moira.

Sarah, just putting you on track
CHARLOTTE is on all the censuses to 1881. ON FMP she is mistranscribed as SHAPER in 1861 and as STRONGER in 1871. CHARLOTTES birth year and place are consistent throughout, as are Robert's.
They had 2 other children between 1837 and 1841, both died before the 1841 census. On GRO index their Mmn is Falkender and Falhender.

Dave

Edit, FMP has the same 1812 baptism Moira found but they have transcribed the mother name as Mary Welsher

Thank you. I will follow up on these names. X

Sarah, one more child was Elizabeth Stringer Q4 1852 boston, mmn FALHINDER
Dave

Thanks Dave :-)